The Canal Experience At Providence
Step back in Time at the Canal Experience and get a taste of life on the Miami and Erie Canal in 1876.
Providence Metropark is located in what was once the canal town of Providence, Ohio Today, the Metropark has one of the greatest concentrations of canal era features in the country, including:
- The Volunteer, a reproduction of a mule-drawn canal boat
- The Isaac Ludwig Mill, a working water-powered saw and gristmill.
- More than a mile of the original Miami and Erie Canal and towpath
- Lock #44, one of the last functioning 19th century limestone locks.
- Scenic Providence Dam, constructed across the Maumee River to maintain water levels in the canal.
- Characters in period attire welcoming visitors to a time gone by.
Tour buses and group of 10 or more, please call for reservations:
Canal Boat Tickets:
$6 adults, $5 seniors (60 and over), $4 children (3 to 12); ages two and under free.